1. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
I’d like to say purple, but its probably green.
2. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
The biggest struggle is probably how critical I am of the music we make, sometimes I wish I could let go of songs easier.
3. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
I can’t think of any venue or festival but I’d love to play Jools Holland because they usually have great bands on that show and also you get to sit there and watch the other bands play in between songs.
4. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
It’s a very small one, but I’d say the first time we played at Antje Øklesund, I had been to a show there a week before, Kevin Morby was playing and it was a trip to play the same stage and I think we sounded pretty good.
5. What inspired you to start making music?
I honestly don’t know, its all I ever wanted to do, ever since I was a little kid.
6. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
I’d love to see a super intimate Paul Simon show, kinda of a storytellers vibe where he just talks about songwritting, that would be fucking dope.
7. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
That’s a really hard question but maybe Grant Morrison, the comic book writter, I relate to a lot of his weirdness hahahaha and maybe Kobe Bryant because I really appreciate his obsessive nature.
8. What do you like to do other than music?
I watch a lot of movies, A LOT, more than any human should watch, I also read a lot of comics.
9. What is the most misjudged album in the world?
Theres so many misjudged albums, but for me personally I’d say Weezer’s Pinkerton . I remember buying that album years after it came out and loads of old heads told me it was shit and it ended up becoming one of my biggest influences. Nowadays people have a very different perception of it. Another one that comes to mind is The Promise Ring’s Wood/Water, it’s a fucking gem, hahaha, oh and Please to Meet Me by The Replacements, me and Hilding always talk about that one.
10. What’s in your fridge?
Right now, not a ton of stuff and thats why I had to go get a frozen pizza for dinner.
Strand Child released their newest single “Misterio” on Späti Palace on July 18th, 2017.