1. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
Ooooh, like MIDNIGHT BLUE.
2. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
I keep having to sell all my gear to pay rent.
3. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
Hmm, either Pickathon or Beaches Brew.
4. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
We finally made a record that I think we’re all proud of.
5. What inspired you to start making music?
My two older brothers, Tyler and Reid. They were always playing in bands when I was growing up, and they got me into all the stuff that led me toward good music.
6. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
Well it’s three people, but the band Mountain Man.
7. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
Hugh Jackman. Whattup Hugh, I see you brother.
8. What do you like to do other than music?
Hang out with my number one homie – my one-year-old, Franz. Other than that, I love comics, sci-fi/fantasy, weed and getting outside.
9. What is the most misjudged album in the world?
I dunno, being in like a heavier band that people say has like, retro-psych tendencies, one might expect me to be fixated on like Nuggets-type shit, but I mostly listen to poppier stuff that might tarnish my street cred. Not Top 40 pop, but this summer I think I have mostly been listening to TOPS, Ariel Pink and Fleet Foxes. The latter might get written off as hipster bullshit but their new record is really great.
10. What’s in your fridge?
My lady made lentil sloppy joes that are unbelievable. And she made her own Worchestire sauce, isn’t that dope!
HEATERS‘ new album “Matterhorn” will be released on October 20, 2017. Pre-order here!