1. If you had to describe your music with a color, what would it be?
A light turquoise.
2. What’s the biggest struggle you have when it comes to creating?
We all currently work full time jobs, and it’s difficult to meet as much as we’d like. We’ve been playing music together for years, so the song writing comes natural. If we could meet every day, we’d have a million albums by now.
3. If you could play any show in the world, what would it be?
We’d love to play Tokyo. Runner ups would be Europe and Hawaii. Okay, we just want to play everywhere.
4. What do you consider your biggest musical success?
I (Phil) would say our biggest success is our organic fan base. So far, we have not paid for press, and we somehow have a strong fan base from Spotify, touring and word of mouth. Thanks everyone!
5. What inspired you to start making music?
We all grew up listening to music on a daily basis. I’ve already worshipped so many albums in my life. Blink 182 was the band that made me pick up a guitar.
6. If you could hear any person living or dead sing to you, who would it be?
7. Who, aside from any band or musician, is your biggest influence?
I really admire Rodney Mullen and Tony Hawk. I grew up skateboarding, and I like how they turned their hobby into a successful life.
8. What do you like to do other than music?
I really enjoy taking care of succulent plants (in the nice Texas heat) and collecting baseball cards. Matt and Eugene enjoy video games and drawing. We also spend a lot of time with our doggos. Eugene has Gucci, Matt has Neptune, and Phil has Scooby, a Good Boy.
9. What is the most misjudged album in the world?
I’d say that it’s The Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds. Brian Wilson is a musical genius, and I think he could have stayed healthy if Pet Sounds was more appreciated. Poor dude went off the deep end after that.
10. What’s in your fridge?
We always have sparkling water, beer, and wet dog food.
Summer Salt have just released their Be Polite-EP. Give it a listen here!